The Integrated Environmental Authorisation or IEA is a mandatory legal requirement to be carried out by all newly created companies carrying out activities included in Annex I of the IPPC Directive (European Directive establishing operating conditions for highly polluting activities).
In Catalonia, the Law that establishes the content and procedures necessary to obtain the Environmental Authorisation or Licence is Law 20/2009, of 4 December, on the prevention and environmental control of activities.
At the state level, the law that establishes the processing of environmental authorisations is Law 16/2002, of 1 July, on Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control.
What kind of companies does the AAI have to do?
- Hazardous waste managers
- Chemical installations
- Installations for the tanning of hides
- Galvanic installations of more than 30m3 (without counting rinses)
It is very important to emphasize that the newly created company must process the Integrated Environmental Authorization before starting it up.
What is the content of the Project?
The environmental project that the Integrated Environmental Authorization entails must contain:
- The description of the company's facilities and their status
- Raw materials, auxiliary materials and products
- Consumption of natural resources and energy
- The emissions to the environment generated by the activity (to water, air, soil, waste generation, noise, light ...) and their impact on the environment considered.
In the environmental consulting firm TMI we carry out the Integrated Environmental Authorization and the substantial and non-substantial changes thereof.
Contact us to request a quote or resolve doubts, without commitment.
Who grants the Integrated Environmental Authorization?
The Environmental Authorization is the permission granted by the Generalitat and the City Council, so that an activity can be carried out in a specific location.
This permit defines the requirements that the company has to comply with in relation to the environment.
Our procedure for processing the AAI for companies
If you want us to help you to process the Integrated Environmental Authorization for your activity you just have to contact us to request a quote and the steps we will follow will be as follows:
- After a first contact with the applicant company.
- We visit the facilities to collect data.
- We advise on the conditioning of the ship.
- We prepare all the necessary technical documentation.
- We prepare the AAI application forms.
- We draw up the report.
- We prepare the plans.
- We present the application through the OVT.
- We prepare the complementary documentation that may be requested by the Administration during the processing.
Why is it important to process the AAI?
Law 20/2009 establishes very serious sanctions for those companies that carry out an activity without having processed the required Integrated Environmental Authorisation.
So if you have not yet processed the AAI you must do so before there can be sanctions against your company.
Why process it with us?
In the environmental consultancy TMI we also process many other environmental procedures for our clients, but most of them have been with us for many years for 3 main reasons:
- Because of our speed, our experience is a guarantee that the project will not expand over time.
- For professionalism, we are a company with a lot of experience and our technicians are specialists in the elaboration of this type of projects.
- For commitment with our client, TMI, attends any query or doubt about the Project, even if it has already been completed.
If you still have doubts or want to request an estimate for the processing of the Integrated Environmental Authorization simply contact us and we will be delighted to assist you.