What is the Legalization of Chemical Warehouse or APQ?
The legalization of the Chemical Products Warehouse is done by preparing a report that establishes the necessary safety measures at the facility with the priority objective of avoiding damage to people, property and the environment.
The Law that establishes the necessary procedures is Royal Decree 656/2017, of 23rd June, which approves the Regulations for the Storage of Chemical Products and its Complementary Technical Instructions MIE APQ 0 to 10.
What is the content of the CW Project?
- Identification of the hazardous chemicals to be stored
- Description of the type of installation depending on the products stored, among others: Fixed containers, mobile containers, elements to support the containers, systems to contain possible leaks and spills (buckets, rafts, etc.), systems, equipment and means of fire protection, handling of the stored products, transfer elements, their characteristics and sizing, equipment for the transfer and placement of mobile containers.
- List of applicable Complementary Technical Instructions.
- Justification of compliance with safety requirements.
- Instructions for the use, conservation and safety of the installation. Drawings.
What is the "Responsible Statement" to be submitted?
Once the project is completed and the necessary security measures are applied, the project is not presented to the Administration but remains in the company.
What is presented to the Generalitat is a Responsible Declaration made by the owner of the facility, stating that the Chemical Products Warehouse complies with the applicable requirements.
Once this procedure has been carried out, the warehouse is legalised pending verification by the Administration.
Must the Chemical Warehouse be inspected periodically?
The Government of Catalonia will set up a first visit to check the facility, where it will be verified that the installation complies with the requirements described in the Project.
Five years after the initial start-up, an Authorised Control Body (OCA) will be contracted to carry out a periodic review.
A revision will be carried out annually (visual inspection of the state of the installations and technical checks), this annual inspection can be carried out by the company itself or it can be outsourced to an ACO.
How do we do this at TMI?
Visit to the facilities for data collection.
Preparation of all necessary technical documentation.
Drafting of the project.
Preparation of plans.
Presentation of Responsible Statement.
Preparation of additional documentation that may be requested by the Administration during the processing.
Why do the CW with us?
For speed, our experience is a guarantee that the project will not be delayed in time.
For professionalism, we are a company with a lot of experience and our technicians are specialists in the preparation of this type of project.
By commitment to our client, TMI, will answer any questions or doubts about the project, even if it has already been completed.
If you have any questions about this environmental project for your chemical warehouse, please write or call us without obligation. We will provide you with a tailor-made quotation.