The Environmental Management System according to UNE-EN-ISO 14001 is the international environmental management standard that describes the internal processes and procedures of companies that affect the environment.
Its objective is to reduce environmental impacts and ensure compliance with the corresponding environmental legislation and regulations.
Companies that implement and certify this standard demonstrate compliance and commitment to the protection of the natural environment, as well as to the minimisation of pollution.
Like ISO 9001, ISO 14001 is applicable to any company or organisation, of any size or sector.
By knowing and assessing the environmental effects derived from business activity, companies are able to manage them correctly, reducing costs thanks to the reduction of waste generated and a more efficient use of resources (raw materials, energy, water, ...).
Benefits of implementing ISO 14001
- Improves the credibility and image of the organisation, demonstrating corporate commitment to the environment.
- Helps to comply with environmental legislation and regulations.
- Increases profitability by optimising the use of resources.
- Cost reduction.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement.
- Promotes employee motivation and commitment.