A quality management system (QMS) aims to meet the quality expectations that a company must take into account in order to satisfy its customers.
In other words, it aims to ensure that activities are planned and controlled to achieve the highest possible quality to satisfy the customer.
ISO 9001 is a generic standard applicable to any production, service or industry sector, regardless of its size.
The ISO 9001 standard establishes the requirements that a company must meet in order to have a correct quality management system implemented in its production system.
This standard is also complementary to other types of standards such as the ISO 14001 environmental management standard.
Certification to the ISO standard focuses on the customer. The customer and his satisfaction become more strongly in the centre of the business.
Greater weight against the competition by having an ISO 9001 certificate and knowing that your products exceed quality standards.
Benefits of implementing ISO 9001
- Increased customer satisfaction by increasing the quality of products or services.
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness, and therefore business profitability.
- Better defined work techniques and therefore a reduction in the time spent on resolving faults and errors.
- Improved conditions for workers, resulting in an appreciable increase in their motivation and level of commitment to the company.
- New business opportunities by having the ISO certificate that many companies are looking for in their customers and/or suppliers.